Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Letter to Rain

Dear Rain,

There are some days that I appreciate you and there are some days that I do not. When Sean is here and I would like to just cuddle up with him and watch a movie, okay. I also used to appreciate when I didn't have to work at the water park because you were paying us a visit.

When I need to get work accomplished or when I have outdoor plans, you are not wanted. I particularly did not appreciate your visit when my windshield wiper broke not too long ago... or on my college graduation day! You are the reason I have very few pictures from that day. You are very lucky that my hair cooperated somewhat and I am not too terribly bitter about having to drive home with a car full of stuff from my apartment... and my party was inside.


Today would be one of those days that I wish you would just go away. Really, why do you have to come every single day in July?! Can we have a break please? Today, I had to be at work super-early. By the time I got off, ran a few errands, and got back to my room, you had made everything very dark. I looked at my bed and decided that it would be a good idea to take an hour long nap. Thanks to you and your friends thunder and lightning, I slept for 2 1/2 hours and now, have accomplished NOTHING for the day. To make up for that, I'm going to need for you to stop and go somewhere else so that I can get some work done and enjoy my plans this evening. Don't make me do the rain dance backwards or sing "Rain, Rain, Go Away." I really appreciate your consideration in this matter. I'll see you tomorrow... (The weather channel says you're coming back).


1 comment:

  1. told you so. thats why it should be illegal to work when it's raining because all i want to do is SLEEP.

    ReplyDelete