Anyway, when I got back to school, I went to work. My 4 pm client didn't show up so I decided to work out instead. I had to teach spinning at 5 pm so I just did some arms and abs (and listened to my MCAT audiobook :)). I'm really glad I did because by the time spinning was over, I had burned 833 calories according to my HR monitor!! I didn't want to ruin that so I had a salad for dinner and I feel great!! Hopefully, the results will start showing up soon! I do give in to my cravings, but I've learned that I can do that as long as I cut back on calories for the next meal and then work out for a little more time than I normally would. Also, I read somewhere that sometimes when you feel hungry, it actually means that you're thirsty. It really seems to be true because sometimes when I'm craving something bad, I just drink some water and the craving goes away (at least for a while haha). I've even started to crave WATER!!! Weird, I know. I never even liked water before!
All of this just goes to show that you can change your lifestyle if you set your mind to it. Diets have been proven to not work... You have to change your whole lifestyle and learn how to discipline yourself. If you eat something bad or skip a workout, make up for it by doing an extra workout or limiting calories during another meal. The only way to efficiently lose weight is to BURN MORE CALORIES THAN YOU TAKE IN!! That is literally the ONLY thing that works! Most fad diets aim to accomplish that objective, but they have bad side effects (because you are eliminating some nutrient that you need) or are not easy to follow (because they tell you not to give in to cravings).... and they don't mention that you HAVE to exercise!... especially if you don't want to be what I call "skinny fat"... (skinny, but with cellulite and no muscle tone). haha!
I am a personal trainer so if anyone wants an exercise plan, let me know and I'd be more than happy to develop one for you. I'll give you the friend discount... JK... no charge. :)

i would LOVE for you to create a plan for me. drew always says he will but 4 years later, i still got nothing lol
ReplyDelete