Friday, July 17, 2009

I miss Florida!!!! :(

I just read an article about what my handwriting says about me and these were my results...
  • You are open to the world around you and like to socialize with other people.
  • You are well-adjusted and adaptable.
  • You are restricting yourself in some way.
  • You tend to be skeptical and are unswayed by emotional arguments.
  • You are intellectually probing and like to study new things.
I would say all of that is pretty accurate... It's crazy how tests like that can tell you a little about yourself.

Anyway... Today, Shannon and I had a meeting with one of the faculty members at our school about our IRB application. He was impressed with the work that we have already done, but he basically said that we need to reformat the WHOLE application and re-word a lot of things. I'm so stressed out about this project now. I really hope we get to publish it. The whole thing is turning into a circus. The worst part is that Shannon and I are the ring leaders, but we definitely do NOT call the shots. :)

After our meeting, I went to the library for a few hours. I got through 3 chapters in my MCAT book and only have a few left. I'm taking a break right now and then going back to it. While I was studying, there was a side note in the Physics section that caught my attention... "Stress is just pressure." I can't believe they put that as a side note for students studying for the MCAT! ...Like we don't already know!! Anyway, Monday, I plan to start taking a practice test EVERY day until the real test! I know it sounds crazy, but I need to do really well on the test and everyone says that practice tests really help. We'll see, I guess.

I'm excited for tomorrow! I have to do a community service project in the morning for the fellowship, but then Robin is coming in town! I met Robin last summer when she audited the water park and then we became Facebook friends lol. She's never been out here so I'm really looking forward to taking her out.

I have a lot going on right now, but I'm glad because otherwise, I would just be sitting at home all the time missing Sean. I do miss him a lot, but staying busy keeps my mind off of it somewhat. I get so jealous when people are going to Florida... not only because I miss the beach and Destin... but because I miss Sean and all of my friends there. I haven't been since March and I don't know if I'll be going soon. I may be going for the 2nd weekend in August, but I'm waiting for that trip to be finalized so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Ugh... Time to get back to studying :(

2 comments:

  1. just get your butt over here :) i def got burned today. fat tuesdays on tuesday i think...do it :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo wish! My car really wouldn't make it :(

    ReplyDelete