Sunday, July 19, 2009

I love playing tour guide!!

My friend, Robin came into town last night and I got to be her tour guide. She had never been here so I had so much fun showing her the city. We went to all of my favorite places and did all of the touristy things (including a Vampire Tour).

Not only had Robin never been here, she had also never tried or even heard of multiple Louisiana things. While she was here, she tried red beans & rice, beignets, and a hurricane (among other drinks) and she found out what a muffaletta is. She took a million pictures and acted like a tourist the whole time... I LOVED IT!!

Robin has a job where she gets to travel the country and see so many different places. She takes pictures everywhere she goes and she's even started a fashion don'ts photo album lol. Like I expected, she found multiple fashion faux pas in this city. I even got to be the model for some of them...

St. Patty's day... maybe. Any other time... NO.

Cute, but not in public.

Among other fashion don'ts found in New Orleans were plaid on plaid, hair down to your butt (on a man), biker attire (of any kind), matching your hair color to your sundress, a track suit, showing off your muffin tops, and a bikini on the balcony of your hotel room (unless you're on the beach).

I love this city!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment