Sunday, February 1, 2009

Master Procrastinator

Well, I've never been a huge blogger, but I keep a journal and there are times that I would like to share my thoughts. My blogs may be completely discontinued within a month, but I'll try to keep up with it. I can't guarantee that anything I write here will make sense to anyone that doesn't really know me. If you do know me, you know that I'm an airhead and I tend to ramble about nothing.

Currently on my mind is the MCAT... only the most important test I've ever taken. I want to go to med school more than anything and my biggest fear is that I won't get in. Unfortunately, when it comes to studying for this major test... I procrastinate more than I have for any other test. I don't know why, but it seems that the most important things are the ones that I put off so often.

Another issue... I really wish my books would come in already. I have reading to do for class and I'm going to look like an idiot when I can't participate in class discussion because I haven't gotten my books. I didn't get paid until Friday so that's how long I had to wait to even buy them.
Money has been really tight this semester so far... stupid recession!... and not having financial aid!... but the good news is that my loans are finally about to be en route to moi!... and I can fill out a deferment form for my tuition so my classes don't get dropped! Yay!

Also on my mind is the fact that I haven't seen Sean in 2 weeks and won't see him again for another 2 weeks... if I even see him then. I've been in a long distance relationship for a grand total of 3 out of the 4 1/2 years that Sean and I have been together. We are living proof that long distance relationships really do work if both people are committed. We love each other and that has gotten us through a lot.
While I'm talking about him, I feel compelled to mention that all of my friends are getting engaged and married! I find myself feeling jealous when I see that someone else has gotten engaged, but I know that when Sean is ready and can afford the ring, it will happen. I know that he is struggling financially and he's trying to move here (which is much more important). I love him and I'm willing to wait as long as I have to. We're not getting married for about 3 years anyway.
I do feel very lucky when I think about our relationship. I found a man that loves me for me and would do anything in his power to make me happy. Guys like Sean are rare and not everyone finds someone like I did. Thank you Sean for being you!

One good thing... I had a super-fun weekend! I love hanging out with Angie... she's so much fun and I love her friends that always come to visit! She and I are just alike in that we can have as much fun sober as we can when we're drinking and we like actin' a fool. lol

Anyway, I don't care about the Superbowl so I'm going to try and focus on some MCAT studying. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment